Laboratory services covered by OHIP or Private Insurance Plans.
Services are performed by licensed clinic staff, who will explain all procedures to you.
Most results are reported within 3-4 business days of your initial laboratory visit; they usually go directly to your electronic file.
Some laboratory tests are more complex testing and can take longer. For example, most cultures, pap smear and pathology reports will take few weeks.
It is important to have a valid OHIP card with you, when you come to the lab.
Hours of operation:
Please see hours of operation on our contact page.
Done as a part of preventive health care (i.e. check ups, pregnancy follow ups etc) as well as routine screening for diseases, chronic disease monitoring, etc.
Done for heart diseases screening and monitoring.
Lung function tests done for diagnosis of some lung diseases (Asthma, COPD, etc) as well as monitoring treatment success.
All immunisations are done as per Health Canada's recommended schedule. All vaccines are safe and approved by the Ministry of Health and Health Canada (http://www.immunize.cpha.ca/uploads/get_the_facts_2011_e.pdf)
Lab Test Requirements
Fasting is required for many laboratory tests. This means you should not eat or drink anything for several hours (usually 8-12 hours or overnight) before the collection.
- Your height and weight will be needed for electrocardiogram (ECG) tracings and for Spirometry (Lungs function test).
- Some tests require a 24-hour timed collection; some tests require two steps a few hours apart. Some food or drugs in your system can affect laboratory results. Please, discuss these tests with your referring doctor
- All your laboratory results are confidential
- Results are given ONLY to your doctor and at his/her request we will give the report to another doctor or specialist physician.
- Results will not be discussed with any of your relatives, unless we have written permission from you
- Results will not be discussed over the phone (except for INR, which requires weekly monitoring)
- Laboratory staff are not authorized to give out laboratory results